Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cupcake Delicious for Knowsley Businesswoman

SINCE graduating from university Kellie Doherty-Green has dedicated most of her time to bringing up her young family – but earlier this year she decided it was time to get back into work and that’s when she started up her own business.

Now, the mum-of-four runs Cupcake Delicious from the comfort of her own home and because she is her own boss she can work flexible hours, giving her plenty of time to still look after her young children.

“Through my business I make and decorate large occasion cakes, cupcakes and cupcake towers” said 30-year-old Kelli, “I have always enjoyed cake making for friends and family and everyone has been encouraging me to set up my own cake-making business.

“But, I have always been put off because I thought it would be very difficult to set up and quite daunting to have the Food Standards Agency out to my home. But, I decided to go for it and soon realised that all the worries I had, turned out to be nothing to worry about at all.”

Kelli says that since starting up the business she has already had a lot of work and she is gaining new custom all the time through word of mouth. Kelli adds that her cupcake towers are proving to be particularly popular.

Before starting her family Kellie studied English Literature and Imaginative Writing at university and had intended to train as a teaching assistant. But becoming a mum halted her career plans and now she has got four children aged seven, five, two and seven months old.

Kelli said: “I am really enjoying working again, it’s nice to do something else as well as bringing up children. I absolutely love being a mum but it is nice to have my own business as well.

“Becoming my own boss was the perfect solution because it means that I work around looking after my children and it means I don’t miss out at all.”

Prior to starting up Cupcake Delicious Kellie, who is from the Knowsley area, came along to Train 2000 where she received help and support under the business start up programme.

“Train 2000 was a real source of support,” said Kelli and my adviser John was extremely helpful, particularly in advising me on how to put my business plan together. My adviser also helped me to access a business start up grant, which I was really pleased about.”

Anyone who would like to find out more about Kellie cake creations should visit her website at www.cupcakedelicious.co.uk or if you would like to order a cake from her email kellidohertygreen@hotmail.co.uk

And, if like Kelli, you’re a woman from the Knowsley area and are interested in starting up your own business please call Train 2000 on 0151 236 6601 or visit www.train2000.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment