Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Liverpool businesswoman launches Bo's Place

AFTER being in employment since the age of 16 when it came to retirement Eileen Shaw decided it wasn’t what she wanted – so instead she seized the opportunity and started up her own business.

Now, the 64-year-old, who is from Liverpool, runs Bo’s Place a dog boarding service from the comfort of her own home, offering residential stays for dogs whilst their owners are away.

“I have worked all my life” said Eileen, “and it’s just not in me to stop. I decided to set up Bo’s Place, because I had my own rescue dog for eight years, who unfortunately died in March this year, he went everywhere with me and when he went I was just completely lost without him. But, I didn’t want another dog it just didn’t seem right.

“I was even struggling to go out of my own house, because I didn’t have him with me. Then one morning I woke up and thought, I can’t have another dog of my own, but I can look after other people’s dogs here and that’s when I decided to set up my own business.”

Already business is doing extremely well for Eileen – and she has dogs booked in up to the middle of next year.

“I am really pleased with how well business is going” she said “and I have had some great feedback from customers. When the dogs come to my house it is like home from home for them and they have the full run of the house. I never have more than two dogs at once, so they are really well looked after.”

Eileen, whose children are now grown up, says she is thoroughly enjoying being self-employed and adds that it is nice getting to know the dogs she looks after.

Prior to starting up the business Eileen came along to Train 2000 where she received help and support under the business start up programme. She worked on a one to one basis with her business adviser in putting her business plan together.

She said: “I went to see Barclays Bank about opening up a business bank account and my adviser there told me about Train 2000. So, I made an appointment and went along, the support I received was extremely helpful.”

Eileen started up the business in September 2010 and she is very positive that it will be a real success.

Anyone who is interested in finding out more about Bo’s Place should visit www.bosplace.co.uk where an application form can be downloaded.

And, if like Eileen you are a woman from Merseyside who is interested in starting up your own business please visit www.train2000.org.uk or call 0151 236 6601.

No comments:

Post a Comment