Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Trendy Pooches Learn to Relax Thanks to Dog Groomer Wendy

A Wirral-based dog groomer is using a revolutionary technique to help dogs cope with the fear of a trip to the poodle parlour.

Wendy Walker-Palin (pictured on the left), has learned the art of the Tellington TTouch working alongside qualified practitioner Glynis Stewart (on the right) after investing in her franchise business Trendy Pooches.

The technique is proving a hit at Wendy’s new grooming salon in Bebington where it is successfully being used to calm her canine clients.

The Tellington TTouch involves using techniques such as massage, stroking ears and body wraps to help induce calm in dogs, as well as lowering their heart rate,  and respiration, as well as increasing their sense of



security.


Wendy says the technique is working wonders on her four-legged customers who are much calmer and actually enjoy their trip to the groomers.

“Dogs aren’t always treated with the respect they deserve,” she said. “I chose a Trendy Pooches franchise because I wanted to run my new dog grooming business in a different way, putting the welfare of the dog first.”
Wendy is seen applying the Tellington
TTouch technique to a canine customer

Trendy Pooches is a holistic dog groomers, explained Wendy, who opened her new grooming salon in Town Lane, earlier this summer.  

The venture is a complete change of direction for Wendy who previously worked in business management, but held a desire to be her own boss, whilst indulging her love of animals.

“I always wanted to work for myself and work with dogs and now seemed like the perfect time,” explained Wendy who postponed her wedding to purchase the franchise business and undergo considerable training.

“I had been saving to get married but decided to use the money to launch my business venture instead. I haven’t looked back as I’ve been so busy, it is really exciting.”

 Wendy met with the franchise owner Glynis Stewart who has a salon in Hoylake, and carried out extensive market research to decide where to open her business.

“I really did my homework and it has paid off. I have customers coming from all over Wirral and am seeing many breeds of dog.”

To complement the support she was receiving from the people around her, Wendy turned to female enterprise agency The Women’s Organisation where she was paired up with a business advisor.

“I found The Women’s Organisation fantastic,” continued Wendy. “It has given me more self-esteem and confidence that I didn’t know I had. Its advisers are always at hand if you need them and helped a lot by answering any questions I had.”

Wendy is now keen to grow her business with dreams of being able to create more jobs for local people.

If you have a business idea that you’ve been considering for a while, why not find out more about the free services available from The Women’s Organisation, including advice and support on starting a business call 0151 706 8111.

Alternatively please email
info@thewo.org.uk or visit www.thewomensorganisation.org.uk

If you are interested in pampering your pooch visit www.trenypooches.co.uk or contact the salon on 0151 792 8921

No comments:

Post a Comment