Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Helping Knowsley Women To Get Selling Online

 
We are delighted to say that we had one of our highest number of women attending an outreach course last week. The Women’s Organisation delivered training to 21 women in Knowsley around the basics of online selling.
The women visited Huyton Parish Family project, based in St Michaels Church Hall, for a guide to online selling through The Women’s Organisation’s ‘Online Selling: From Ebay to Etsy’ course.

The introductory level workshop provides an overview of the different online marketplaces available and the pros and cons of using each one. This allows women to assess the relevance of each platform to their individual business idea. The course also explains the legalities of trading online and offers consideration to the next steps available to women who wish to set up an online business.

73% of the women who attended said that the course was either excellent or very good, with the remaining 27% still expressing their happiness with the course.

Here’s what some of the women had to say:

‘The session was informal and well presented.’
‘Questions answered well and honestly.’
‘Well-presented and very informative.’

We would like to say a big thank you to Angela McCormick for spreading the word and inviting so many excellent women to join the course.


If you would be interested in our Selling Online: From Ebay to Etsy course, or have a business idea you would like to explore, contact The Women’s Organisation today for FREE support and advice 0151 706 8111 or info@thewo.org.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment