Writing on the Wall hosts Liverpool's first Virtual Book Fair in the stunning atrium of Liverpool's Central Library - a day of interactive, hands-on readings, discussion and interactions with those at the top of their games in publishing.
With an introduction by Downtown in Business Director, Frank Mckenna, The Virtual Book Fair will explore business models of online publishing and encompass publishing powerhouses such as Anna Rafferty, whose innovation during her time as managing director of Penguin Digital showed different ways of marketing books to a fast-paced population, and Linda Bennett, director and editor of Crime at Salt Publishing, who will speak about the ways authors today can put themselves on the literary map.
The Virtual Book fair includes:
- Jim Hinks of Comma Press will be introducing their literary travel app LitNav
Beth Reekles whose self-published first novel, aged 15, on Watt Pad received 19 million views
- Interactive novels and apps for virtual readers at the Digital Station, courtesy of Touch Press.
- Webinars, including Blackwell's Digital Manager, Kjell Eldor about the future of books in a digital age.
- Children's Pod with illustrators and storytellers from The Wild Writers hosting storytelling sessions which will be projected around the pod.
- The Writer's Room and where you can get a slot with one of three fantastic writers: Caroline Smailes, Jim Friel and Deborah Morgan. Pre-book your 10 minute slot with one of the WOW writers by emailing email@example.com or turn up and see if a slot is available!
- Digital Speak Easy - Curtis Watt, poet, author, musician and beatboxer will be there to record and stream your spoken word it straight onto WoW's Facebook and Twitter.