Every year, Global Entrepreneurship Week runs to champion and promote entrepreneurship. This year, from the 17th until the 23rd November, Global Entrepreneurship Week will hold events, activities and gathering which will inspire people nationally and internationally, to help them develop and see their potential as an innovator, and an entrepreneur.
According to the GEW website; ‘Last year in the UK more than 600 partner organisations hosed over 6000 events that reached more than 300,000 entrepreneurial people across the country’. As a result of this the UK was awarded ‘Country of the Year’ by the GEW.
GEW started originally in the UK in 2008, and has grown each year into a global phenomenon, with events and activities taking place during one week, in over 140 countries. With over 24,000 organisations planning over 33,000 activities that will influence, inspire and educated millions of participants every year.
This year, The Women’s Organisation are getting on board. The theme for this year’s GEW is ‘Get Connected’, and as we well know, making connections is a vital step for those thinking of starting their own business, or at the start of the entrepreneurial journey.
As part of GEW, The Women’s Organisation will be running some fantastic events. First up is our series of #GEWConnect Drop-In’s which will be taking place all over Merseyside. These free drop-in sessions will be for women who are looking for support on how to connect and get support from The Women’s Organisation and other partners.
Listed below, are is a full list of all the drop-in sessions that are taking place in November as part of our GEW Connect Campaign!
· Friday 14th November – 9:30am-12pm – Let’s Eat Café, 37 Allerton Road, Woolton, L25 7RE
· Friday 14th November – 2pm-2:30pm – Prenton Library, Dickens Avenue, Wirral, CH43 0TQ
· Monday 17th November – 10am-11:30am – Wallasey Central Library, Earlston Road, Wallasey, CH45 5DX
· Monday 17th November – 1pm-3pm – Everton Children’s Centre, Spencer Street, L6 2WF
· Tuesday 18th November – 10am-12pm – Allerton Library, Allerton Road, L18 6HG
· Tuesday 18th November – 1pm-3pm – Old Swan Library, Prescot Road, Old Swan, L13 5XG
· Thursday 20th November – 10am-12pm – Childwall Library, Childwall Fiveways, L15 6UT
· Thursday 20th November – 1pm-3pm – Central Library, William Brown Street, Liverpool, L3 8EW
· Thursday 20th November – 2:30pm-4pm – Hoylake Library, Market Street, Hoylake, CH47 5AA
· Friday 21st November – 8:30am-11am – The Women’s Org, 54 St James Street, L1 0AB
· Friday 21st November – 12:30pm-2pm – Birkenhead Central Library, Borough Road, Wirral, CH41 2XB
· Monday 24th November – 1pm-3pm – West Derby Library, West Derby Road, L13 7HQ
· Monday 24th November – 2pm-2:30pm – Meadows Library, Maghull, Hall Lane, Maghull, Liverpool, L31 7BB
· Wednesday 26th November – 9:30am-11am – Heswall Library, Telegraph Road, CH60 0AF
· Friday 28th November – 10am-11:30am – Netherton Activity Centre, Glovers Lane, Netherton, L30 3TL
· Friday 28th November – 12:30pm-2pm – Southport Atkinson Library, Lord Street, PR8 1DJ
· Friday 28th November – 3pm-4:30pm – Crosby Library, Crosby Road North, Liverpool, L22 0LQ
All of these events are free, and we will be offering friendly and supportive advice to women who are interested or are thinking about starting their own business and would like some fantastic advice and support.
As another part of our Global Entrepreneurship Week, we will be debuting our event for women ready to Network, ‘Connecting Women in Business – A Business Mastermind’. In the style of Mastermind we will be bringing together women in business to network as well as connect to our expert Business Masterminds to get advice. We have a panel of excellent Business Masterminded Women who will be ready to answer any questions that you may have about all areas and aspects of business. Women can submit their questions ahead of the event and attend for free. More details about the event and a link to book can be found here:
As we are celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week, there will be an international flavour to the event and a fantastic panel of women who have excelled in their businesses and careers. Our full panel of masterminds are to be announced very soon, so keep your eyes peeled and book your seat!
So please do get involved in The Women’s Organisation celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week, whether that’s by dropping into one of our sessions taking place over Merseyside or booking your ticket to our ‘A Business Mastermind’ event. We hope to see you there!