Wednesday, December 10, 2014

23 Year Old Charley Cockbain Makes Dreams Come True with Her Dream Business ‘The Fairy Tale Agency’

Charley Cockbain, founder of The Fairy Tale Agency, is a former beauty queen and ex Miss England contestant. As a little girl she dreamed of meeting those famous fairy tale princesses she had seen on films, and as a woman she dreams of bringing those characters to life and making other little girls dreams come true.

TheFairy Tale agency boast a cast full of children’s entertainers and performers, with years of acting, singing and childcare experience.

"We supply fully trained actors to attend both children’s parties and corporate events in character as the fairy tale princesses that we all know and love. In essence, we deliver the magic of Disneyland to the client. The main focus of our business is to bring happiness to the client and to make dreams come true" explained Charley.

Image by Jo Forrest Photography
Having student Events Management at Liverpool John Moores University, and with over 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, Charley knows what it takes to go above and beyond to make event extra special.

Despite her experience and passion, Charley struggled with her confidence at the beginning. She told us:

"I had my business idea locked away for a long time, simply lacking the courage to take the plunge into self-employment.  I didn’t imagine that anyone would be on board with the idea in a professional capacity, so when I finally found the courage to share the idea with others, I felt elated with how well received it was. This spurred me on to make the business idea come to life."

A work colleague brought The Women’s Organisation’s business support services to Charley’s attention, who quickly contacted them and began the process.

"I was assigned a business advisor who was fantastic in terms of understanding where I was at both academically and also on a personal level. I attended the workshops on building a business plan, social media and also most importantly for me, confidence building."

"As a young women of 23, I felt like nobody would take me seriously because of my age. The Women’s Organisation totally eliminated this feeling and encouraged me to use what I thought was a weakness to my advantage. It is such a fantastic service and I would certainly refer people in the future. I have truly not looked back since."

The idea for The Fairy Tale Agency evolved both from her previous experience within the ‘pageant world’ and her love for anything and everything fairy tale related. To be able to combine both her passions into a viable business has made setting up a rewarding process that no mundane 9-5 job has ever offered her.

"As part of the beauty pageant experience, I had a responsibility to participate in charity work, and I took so much gratification from this. For me, to be able to bring joy to others makes everything worthwhile, whether that be in a voluntary or in a professional basis."

Charley is enormously proud of what she has achieved so far and is dedicated to go further and find out what both the business and herself are capable of.

"The dream for me is to expand the business into the superhero realm. As it stand the business is purposely female focused. Eventually I would like to franchise the company. The sky is the limit."

To create a magical and memorable celebration for a special little one, visit www.thefairytaleagency.co.uk for information on packages and to view the beautiful princesses available. You can also contact Charley directly via:

Email:  info@thefairytaleagency.co.uk
Telephone: 0151-527-1042
Twitter: @FairyTaleAgency

To find out more about how The Women’s Organisation are helping local women to start and grow their own businesses, contact 0151 706 8111 / hello@thewo.org.uk or visit www.thewomensorganisation.org.uk

Photo Credit: Jo Forrest Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment