Local women’s enterprise support agency The Women’s Organisation have taken steps to offer key business skills training to women beyond their usual Merseyside centric business start-up programme remit.
The first in the series of business skills workshops on offer will be 'Basic Book Keeping' for a small business. Whether starting a business, recently started or an employee of a business who feels they would benefit from developing these key skills, women are welcome to book a place. The Women’s Organisation are heavily subsidising the courses to make them accessible to as many women as possible offering places at a subsidised rate of just £20.
Some of the women who have attended the course told us:
“This has allowed me to take/keep control of my business without me feeling so stressed about ‘professional’ matters”
"I feel much more confident doing my own accounts”
“This was something that worried me, however I feel quite confident now”
If you want to avoid drowning in a pile of receipts and think you could benefit from this training, more information about the content of the course and benefits to your business can be found below along with booking links for the next dates.
Basic Book Keeping
This course will step you through:
- Current requirements of HMRC when recording your accounts.
- How to create an easy to use recording system for your Business accounts
- How to create a monthly/annual budget/report
- Hands on practice of using the resources
And leave you with a resource pack that can be tailored by you to meet your individual business need
Benefits to Your Business
This course will:
- Save you money in accountancy fees
- Enable to generate the information required for tax Self-Assessment
- Give you the resources to comply with HMRC requirements when recording business income and expenditure
- Show you how to implement time saving systems
- Improve your financial controls and understand the week by week financial position of business
- Improve your confidence and peace of mind when dealing with your business finance