Local women’s enterprise support agency The Women’s Organisation have taken steps to offer key business skills training to women to support them to manage their own business.
The second in the series of business skills workshops on offer will be 'Understanding Tax and National Insurance' for sole traders and partnerships. Whether starting a business, or if you are a woman who has already started your business who feels they would benefit from developing these key skills, you are welcome to book a place. The Women’s Organisation are heavily subsidising the courses to make them accessible to as many women as possible offering places at a subsidised rate of just £20.
Some of the women who have attended the course told us:
“I know how to do my tax return. Feeling much more confident!”
“It gave me more confidence and I’m not so afraid now”
More information about the content of the course and benefits to your business can be found below along with booking links for the next dates.
Understanding Tax and National Insurance
This course will step you through:
- How to register with HMRC as a Sole Trader
- National Insurance requirements
What expenditure can be claimed as a Business Allowance
- How to pay HMRC and the support tools available
- How to calculate the amount of tax you may need to pay
Benefits to Your Business
This course will:
- Help you to ensure you’re up to date with the most current tax requirements
- Provide you the information required to submit your own self- assessment
- Prevent you getting things wrong when submitting your tax information
- Allow you to successfully budget to meet any tax demands
- Reduce fear of HMRC and Tax