Facebook is designed to encourage interaction, with ‘Share’, ‘Like’ and ‘Comment’ buttons where people can communicate with each other. One of the great things about Facebook is that it allows you to create custom pages, have conversations with your customers and easily post photos and videos. This platform offers businesses opportunity to grow organically through non-paid campaigns, or via a paid advertising service.
The key benefits of having Facebook business page:
- You can reach a specific audience using the advanced targeting features such as, age, gender, location, and interests.
- You can track how many people are engaging with your posts and advertisements using the insights.
- It is a good alternative to a full website when you have limited marketing budget and can be picked up by Google.
- It is a very effective tool to build brand awareness and image to your targeted customers
- It allows you to choose specific goals e.g. increase website traffic when doing targetted advertising.
Key considerations when thinking about using Facebook for business:
Facebook is the best platform for B2C (business to consumer) businesses, so if your core customer is other businesses, facebook might not be your first choice.
Before you get started, you need to understand the purpose of your facebook page by defining:
- What are the key personality and characteristic of your business?
- Who are your targeted customers?
How you can utilise Facebook to promote your business:
The more interesting you are, the more likely you are to engage your target customers, and thus spread the word about your business.
You can use Facebook for:
· promoting special offers
· promoting events
· annoucing new products or additional services
· showcasing your industry knowledge and awareness
· uploading pictures and videos of your products, services, events or workshops
· sharing testimonials from satisfied clients/case studies/success stories
· offering helpful tips and advice to get your customers hooked
· share inspiration quotes that your followers may share with friends
Ultimately you are using Facebook to connect with as many people as possible and getting them to interact with your business. Facebook can be an amazing tool for generating business when used properly. Why not book onto our ‘Introduction to Facebook for Business’ workshop to get your business started on this useful social media platform.
by Business Adviser Yan Miao