Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Why Gillian Hunt Loves to Have Meetings at 54 St James Street

Gillian Hunt is a regular user of 54 St James Street’s meeting and conferencing facilities. We contacted Gill to find out what made her choose and return to the meeting and conference centre based in the trendy Baltic Triangle district of Liverpool.

Hi Gill, tell us a bit about GillianHunt.co and what it is you do:

I work with women, running their own business. They feel a sense of overwhelm about the online side of their business. They may be near the beginning of their journey or more established, so my approach is; Online Business for Offline People. In other words, I’m all about the human side of being online for business and how it complements offline activities.  I work with clients to build firm online foundations so they can have a business that’ll be successful and attract more clients. The four pillars I focus on are:  Social Media, Website, Blog, Email Marketing and having an online trial offer.  

Gillian Hunt with Christine Edun from The Gangster Squad at 54 St James Street

When did you use 54 St James Street and what for?

I often use 54 St. James Street for Liverpool based clients signed up to the Launchpad one to one programme.  For example, Christine Edun from
The Gangster-Squad is using the Launchpad because her goal is to sell more tickets for the Vintage Dance events she organises.  Launchpad for her is about getting more confidence in planning and creating Online communications

I also use 54 St. James Street for Live Workshops; I ran a workshop in conjunction with Green Pages in September 2016 on ‘5 ways to attract clients Online’.  One delegate said ‘the course has made me feel much more confident about steps for reaching more clients online and gave me ideas to do so more effectively.’
I plan to do more of these.  They are for groups of 6-10 people seeking an introduction Online Business for Offline People.  I like workshops because delegates can sit around a table they can interact with each other.  There’s an inbuilt screen in the board room so it’s easy to give presentations using media.

How do you find the facilities and the overall atmosphere at 54 St James Street?

I love having meetings at 54 St. James Street.  There are different sized meeting rooms to choose from.  A two-person room, ideal for one to one coaching clients, the board rooms are ideal for seminars and there is a conference room for events with larger numbers.

The café is a great bonus as I can sit and catch up on emails if I arrive early or treat myself to something tasty to eat.  The clients love it as well as they can feel more ‘visible’ in their business just by sitting in the café and interacting with other people.


What do you look for in a venue?

Staff are friendly and accommodating.
A clean, contemporary feel venue with lots of natural light.
Access to wi-fi
Accessible by: train, bus and car
Near to other facilities.
Catering facilities as we all need sustenance.

What are the key elements that make an event successful in your eyes?

A successful event for me is one which:
  • Has a purpose for the attendees so they feel they have gained something from attending.
  • Is enjoyable for the attendees – we all want to do the things we enjoy.
  • For group events - an opportunity to meet with new people or connect with established relationships


 Why do you choose to return to 54 St James Street over other locations?

I return to 54 St. James Street because it has all the facilities I want.
I’ve used it before and I like it.

Would you recommend 54 St James Street to other businesses? 

I would recommend 54 St. James Street to other businesses!

If you are looking for an impressive Liverpool city centre venue to hold training, meetings, conferences and events, why not pop in to 54 St James Street to check out the facilities. Flexible spaces available catering for events of 2-200 delegates.  Find out more from our team via venue@thewo.org.uk or 0151 706 8111 and follow @54StJamesStreet on twitter for news and offers.


If you would like to find out more about GillianHunt.co visit http://www.gillianhunt.co/

Alternatively, you can follow Gillian on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment