Monday, November 10, 2014

Mum to be Danielle Smallwood has battled through, and overcame, health issues to start up her own health and safety consultancy business, 3D HSE LTD.


With over 10 years’ experience in the industry and fully qualified, 3D HSE LTD provide concise and relevant advice to ensure businesses are up to date and well informed at all times. Their method of delivery is simple and effective, with a friendly yet informative manner, ensuring health and safety can be engaged in a way that makes it anything but a chore.

Credit: Barbara Idasiak Photography
‘We have vast experience working within a variety of sectors, from construction sites and offices, through to factories and oil refineries. With our thorough and knowledgeable attitude we will provide you with excellent service. We hope to not just become your consultant but a valued member of your team and by doing so creating a positive culture within your workplace. Our skills not only lie with carrying out the work but with engaging others to do so.’

Whilst working as a health and safety consultant, Danielle decided that she wanted to set up her own consultancy that she could use as a platform to change perceptions of health and safety. This would give her the opportunity to run it with the unique style she had developed for communicating health and safety.

When Danielle was unfortunately diagnosed with a range rheumatoid and connective tissue conditions, she decided to use the situation she had found herself in as the catalyst for starting up in business.

‘With everything that was happening with me medically, I decided it was now or never. It had been a struggle for the past few years but finally getting diagnosed actually made me realise just how well I had been doing to hold things together.’

‘Accepting my conditions has been the hardest part as it has meant I have had to make drastic changes to my life as a whole. It set me back a lot but I have always been very determined and I feel like this made me even more so.’

Danielle admits that the initial stages of setting up her business were difficult as she had many hospital appointments. This left her with little time to promote her newly established business but her persistence and dedication to her venture spurred her on.

‘I was slightly disheartened that I haven’t been able to give it the initial care and time it required but feel like now I am turning a corner and am getting things up to scratch. I am however really happy with the standard of the documentation I have been putting together and producing and feel proud to put my name to it.’

In the process of starting up her business, Danielle contacted The Women’s Organisation who she knew offered advice and support workshops to women in Merseyside, as she conducted the fire risk assessment on their building in the construction phase.

‘I received so much valuable support from The Women’s Organisation. The business templates they sent me were so useful as I needed to try and catch up on things I missed out on early on. My adviser was amazing and the training workshops offered were great for business.’

Despite being held back initially, business is steadily building and 3D HSE LTD is eager to assist small to medium sized businesses in becoming compliant with their health and safety legislative requirements. The business will be resuming normal operation throughout and after Danielle’s pregnancy.

Danielle is a shining example of what can be achieved if you are dedicated and determined enough to work through any barriers that present themselves, medical or otherwise. If you would like to contact her regarding any health and safety matters, you can find out more about the services 3D HSE LTD provide on the website www.3dhse.com. You can also contact directly on 07540 800 535 or email danielle@3dhse.com.

And if you would like to become your own boss, why not explore the idea you've been considering with The Women's Organisation - 0151 706 8111 / hello@thewo.org.uk www.thewomensorganisation.org.uk 


By Beckie Kinsella

Portrait photo credit: Barbara Idasiak Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment