Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Meet Our New Trainee Business Adviser, Cynthia!

Cynthia joined The Women’s Organisation back in August as a Trainee Business Adviser. If you’ve visited us recently, you may have had the pleasure of meeting Cynthia, as she’s been working closely with our Business Advice Team. Although Cynthia is still relatively new to the office, she’s definitely a part of our W.O family and we’d like you to get to know her too. 

What’s your full name and where are you from?

Cynthia Elima Bosafola – Born in DR Congo – Grew up in London and now adopted scouser.

Tell me how you first found out about The Women’s Organisation and become part of our team?

I found out about the women’s org about 5 months ago, I wanted to start my own business and was looking for support and courses and found WO online and booked onto a course. About 3 months later, while I was working as an Intern at Launch22 there was a Future BOSS club event being hosted which I really enjoyed, which brought me back to WO, so whilst looking for a job, I went to look at what opportunities were at the organisation and found an opportunity as trainee business advisor and went for it and here I am. 

Cynthia! 
What kind of things have you done prior to coming to The Women’s Organisation?

I came up to Liverpool in 2009 to study Drama & English Literature and fell in love with Liverpool! After working in retail for 2 years I finally landed a job at the BBC in Salford as a Production Coordinator, working on such programmes as, Newsround, The one show & Songs of Praise. I worked at the BBC for 3 years and 1/2, although I miss the people I worked with I do not miss the 4-hour daily commute!  Other places I have worked are H&M, Liverpool airport & Chester races.

What has surprised you about working at The Women’s Organisation?

The office atmosphere- everyone is so friendly & welcoming and so supportive to each other. It’s chilled environment but everyone is still focused and getting the job done, but with a few tea trips and laugher along the way.

What’s the best thing about working at The Women’s Organisation?

The commitment to WO values and beliefs, in some places, people are either working for the money or just because it’s a job! Everyone whole heartedly believe in the vision of the women’s org and know that their job is vital to making this vision & mission a reality.

Could you describe one of your typical workdays?

I know it sounds cliché, but every day is different, so this doesn’t happen every day but is a general outline.

As soon as I get in, I check my emails and calendar, see what meetings are ahead and what 1-2-1 I will be shadowing, I go ahead and start looking up what the client’s ideas are, such as a beautician, consultant or tutor. Gather information, workbooks that might be helpful for these clients, end up finding out a lot about different industries. Attend 1-21’s hears about all the woman's ideas, their history and where they want to get to! It great when you leave the end of that meeting and the client is so excited and confident about starting their business.

In between these meeting, I help the rest of business advisors with any and work or anything they need help with.  I also read up on a lot of business website, templates of business plans and blogs, so that I can be in the know of what’s going on in Liverpool! Occasionally might get asked to take an Usain bolt style photograph with my colleagues for a bid photo! All of that in a day’s work! Who says you can’t have fun in work!

The 'Dabbing Dance' photo Cynthia refers to! 

What might (someone) be surprised to know about you?

That I have a twin sister?? We are not identical! I wish we were, I would have got up to so much mischief when I was younger! I also have a fake dimple! It was caused by laughing so hard! Ask me and I’ll tell you the full story!

What do you do when you aren’t working? 

I love to work within my local community, I am involved in my local church in different ministries, such as community events, media & Kids club. I love to sew and bake, one after the other, sewing is hard work! I love spending time with my Godson, he has the cutest cheeks EVER! I love spending time with my boyfriend and family, I force them to watch Pitch perfect with me again and again (I’m on my 12th re-watch and counting). Accabelieve it!

Thanks Cynthia – we love having you here as part of the team! 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment