Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Meet Our Intern: Cerys Evans

Cerys Evans has joined our team as an Intern whilst studying Event Management at John Moores University to learn the ins and outs of all things marketing! She's brought a bundle of energy to our office and we're delighted to have her here.

Take a read of Cerys' blog to find out more about her ..

What’s your full name and where are you from?

Hi, I am Cerys Evans and I am originally from a tiny village called Cockshutt near Shrewsbury but currently living in Liverpool.

Tell me how you first found out about The Women’s Organisation and become part of our team?

I am currently a second-year student at LJMU studying Events Management and while looking for internships opportunities I found the Women’s Organisation. I did some research online about the background of the Women’s Organisation and after reading their website I knew that their mission and beliefs aligned with my own so therefore would be a team and company I would love to be a part of. I applied online, then had an interview with Jo and Lucy and luckily found out the next day I got the job.


What kind of things have you done prior to coming to The Women’s Organisation?

Before moving to Liverpool for University in 2017 I worked in my local pub and restaurant, then I volunteered myself to run their social media and website which is where I found my passion for digital marketing. When coming to Liverpool I spent my first year working at University Events and now work at Rudy’s Pizzeria while interning here too- I like to be busy!

What has surprised you about working at The Women’s Organisation?

The sheer amount of people who reach out and ask for help from the organisation, the number of people who ring up daily is incredible. The organisation is obviously vitally needed in the community and it’s amazing to see its impact it has on local women and entrepreneurs.

What’s the best thing about working at The Women’s Organisation?

The best thing is how everyone who works for the Women’s Organisation is so supportive and positive. Every single member of the team is working together to make such a huge difference and it’s very rewarding to feel like you are a part of that. Nothing is ever too much hassle or hard work, everyone just wants to help women reach their potential. I feel very empowered whenever I leave and that’s an amazing feeling.


Could you describe one of your typical workdays?

I know everyone’s said it, but no two days are the same!

My role contains a lot of content creation like blog posts, Instagram posts and tweets so I’m always busy doing that. I love finding new empowering women quotes to post on our twitter and gain a lot of inspiration for our social media from hashtags online.

My long-term project is to promote our book called Twenty-One which celebrates twenty-one inspiring women who have made a huge impact in and around Liverpool, so I am always creating social media content for that. I also spend time taking pictures of local art and buildings to put on our social media channels which I really enjoy.

What might (someone) be surprised to know about you?

I am undergoing a volunteering expedition in June for 5 weeks to Fiji where I will be aiming to help disadvantaged youth to overcome poverty issues and achieve holistic health. I will be doing this by improving education, sports development, infrastructure assistance and health promotion. I am nervous but excited, however I know it will be an amazing and rewarding experience.

What do you do when you aren’t working?

When I am not working, I should be doing University work but quite often instead I go out for food or will be watching documentaries with my flatmates! I love going home to the countryside too and being on my family farm, which is a big difference from living in Liverpool city centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment